Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sunshine's whelping



Sunshine started whelping at 4:22 PM on Friday Nov 30,2011 I went through the first 9 all girls and 2 boys. The puppies sort of just slipped out I could not tell when she had one. She had the placenta eaten before I even knew it. She is very careful and never steps on them. She has to be hand fed. I kept up with the puppies till 10:30 PM She had had 9 by this time, 7 girls and 2 boys. Steph took over till 1:30 AM She had had two more girls and Steph thought she was done. So the count was 11. when I woke up and looked at the pile of puppies something was not right. So I counted them and there were 14. So she had three more girls after we went to bed and thought she was done. So much for the pregnancy test I still cannot figure that one out. She is a really good mom. she never steps on any and keeps them all together. Of course someone is always nursing. She is eating a little better today Tuesday. Dew claws get done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment